Other Benefits Of Doing Yoga
If you chase a healthy lifestyle, then losing weight alone will not help.
You need to tap into other crucial corners of your heart, mind, and soul that will help you nurture yourself better and drive you into a more enlightened, spiritually enriched life.
And thats what yoga does apart from helping in losing weight.
Here are a few other benefits of doing yoga.
- Yoga helps in relieving daily stress.
- It helps reduce menstrual cramps and enhance the menstrual cycle.
- Energizes you and helps you set a positive mindset.
- Yoga enhances your concentration and helps you perform better on professional grounds.
- It wards off insomnia.
- It helps with arthritis and other joint-related hazards.
- Yoga can help with back pain.
How To Do The Cobra Pose
To perform The Cobra Pose, you have to first lie down on the floor and then turn upside down.
Then place both of your palms on each side in the parallel position with your chest.
Now try to pull up your head.
And as you try to look at the ceiling, gradually pull up the upper part of your body with the support of your palms.
Lower Belly Fat Yoga: Top 13 Asanas To Burn Belly
Lower belly Fat Yoga is the best exercise for a flat stomach that you can think of, as it helps you burn belly fat easily. 13 easy yoga asanas to help reduce those abs and reduce belly fat.
Looking for toned abs, doing yoga properly not only gives you a flat stomach, but it also tones your entire body. Yoga is a proven method to reduce belly fat and it gives you a healthy and healthy body.
Doing yoga daily goes a long way to improving your overall body images and self-esteem. Yoga is one of the best forms because it burns fat, stretches and your muscles. Proper diet, along with a good fitness routine, can definitely help you reduce your abdominal fat to a great extent.
Recent studies have shown that even 15-30 minutes of exercise per day can effectively burn fat and improve your resistance, stamina and metabolism.
Fitzabout has created a workout plan that will tone your belly and make it flat.
Also Check: Hot Vinyasa Yoga Calories Burned
Ustrasana Yoga Or Camel Pose
The camel pose helps strengthen the ab muscles, which is essential for reducing belly fat. Moreover, it even strengthens the spine, making it more flexible with time.
How to do it:
- Kneel on the knees and bend the torso back towards the heel in an arched form.
- The arms should go back to support the upper body weight on the back of the foot.
- Continue inhaling and exhaling and hold the position for 30-40 seconds. Keep doing yoga poses for belly fat daily for better results.
Doing this yogasana might strain the neck muscles. Hence, avoid doing this if you have neck-related issues.
/7yoga Is Not Just Mindfulness It Also Balances The Elements Of The Body
Yogas are the best ways to burn extra fats. But this form of workout demands punctuality and discipline from the individual, as unlike commercial products yoga doesn’t guarantee faster results within a few days. Yoga works on the body in a steady and long process. It will benefit the body in the long run for sure.
People who practice yoga tell how difficult it was for them during the initial days and how after so many days they can actually feel its impact on their body.
Yoga is not just practicing mindfulness, it also balances the elements of the body. This is the reason why it is the ultimate favorite of those who are trying to lose weight.
Here are five yoga positions that can help in weight loss by burning fats around the belly region:
Recommended Reading: What Yoga Moves To Avoid When Pregnant
/6bhujangasana Or Cobra Pose
How to perform:
Step 1: Lie face down on the floor. Keep your hands on the floor, next to your shoulders.
Step 2: With your legs stretched out, inhale and gently lift up your upper body.
Step 3: Ensure that your pubis and toes fall on a straight line, touching the floor.
Step 4: Hold the position for 20-30 seconds and release.
Seated Forward Bend: 5
How to do:
- Sit on your mat with legs extended. Keep your feet together and toes pointing upwards. Place your palm beside the thigh and spine straight.
- Inhaling take both your arms up and exhaling touch your toes.
- Take a few deep breaths while increasing the stretch.
- Inhaling come up again and exhaling relax, go to the starting position again.
- Vertigo patients can avoid doing this asana.
- Do childs pose after performing camel pose
Read Also: How Long Should You Hold Yoga Poses
Formation Of The Posture
- Lie down on your back
- Fold your legs at your knees and ensure that your feet are placed firmly on the floor
- Bend your arms at the elbows with your palms facing the sky. Rotate your arms at the shoulders and place your palms on the floor on either side beside your head
- Inhale, put pressure on your palms and legs and lift your entire body up to form an arch
- Relax your neck and allow your head to fall gently behind
The Best Power Yoga Poses For Weight Loss Include The Following:
- Pawanmuktasana or the Wind releasing pose help you drop those extra fat from the stomach and the stomach region.
- Trikonasana or the Intense side stretch pose helps to reduce the fat from the sides. It raises your heartbeat and burns calories.
- Dhanurasana or the Bow pose helps you drop the excess fat from the arms and legs. It is very helpful to tone your body.
- Garudasana or the Eagle pose is a perfect weight loss choice for those who want thinner thighs, legs, arms, and hands.
- Eka Pada Adho Mukha Svanasana or One-legged downward facing dog- when combined with breathing, helps you tone your arms, hands, legs, thighs, and your abdominal muscles.
- Bhujangasana or the Cobra pose is a great choice if you want to solidify your buttocks and to tone your abdominal muscles.
- Navasana or the boat pose is the simplest Power Yoga pose for weight loss. It concentrates all the major muscles of your body.
- Savasana or Corpse pose is the most important pose to end your Power Yoga workout session. Savasana helps your muscles relax and prevents muscle damage.
There are several other Power Yoga asanas that are very important for weight loss such as the Uttanpadasana or the Raised feet pose, Veerbhadrasana, the warrior pose, Ardha Chandrasana or the Half-moon pose, Paschimottasana or the Seated forward bend among others. Power Yoga is considered an appropriate intervention for weight loss and to prevent obesity.
Recommended Reading: Leggings Too Small
Types Of Yoga For Weight Loss
Almost all types of yoga can help you with losing fat but, there are few which can have a greater contribution towards weight loss.
Remember that the types of yoga which are best for burning fat are also used to build muscles.
You wont be seeing big results in the first few days of practicing yoga. But, Once you start losing weight then the process will be quicker and long-lasting as compared to aerobic exercises.
Yoga To Reduce Belly Fat Yes That Can Happen
A monotonous lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits, lack of exercise and high stress levels are all reasons for that pot belly. The wider your abdomen gets, the higher the level of risk! There are no shortcuts to getting rid of abdominal fat but proper diet with good fitness routine can help reduce belly fat to a large extent. If you dont want to hit the gym then yoga is always an option. It not only helps decrease abdominal fat but also allows your body and mind to feel rejuvenated.
Try out these yoga asanas to feel the difference…
You May Like: How To Reduce Tummy After C Section Naturally
What Is Weight Loss In Brief
The concept of weight-loss boils down to burning more calories than you consume. Moreover, calories are your bodys fuel, and burning them releases energy to maintain the different systems in your body.
However, when you consume more calories than your body needs these get converted to fat and get deposited in different parts of your body. Therefore, in such a scenario you need to create a calorie deficit by reducing the amount of food you consume. hence, when your body starts using the fat deposits then you start losing weight.
With that said, let us now understand how yoga can help you get rid of unnecessary fat deposits.
Eka Pada Adho Mukha Svanasana
The downward-facing dog pose can help you learn to balance your body and can also help strengthen your abs.
How to perform:
- Get into the downward-facing dog pose.
- Straighten one leg and lift it up.
- Lower the straightened leg under your abs
- Repeat this move for 10 times for each leg, then rest
A variant of the plank, this one is a slightly more difficult one but equally effective on burning your belly fat.
How to perform:
- Perform after the downward-facing dog pose
- Shift to your left or right foot
- Tilt your body accordingly either to the right or left side
- Raise the opposite arm in the air
- Hold this pose for 15-30 seconds
- Return to the downward-facing dog pose
It is best to practice these asanas for flat stomach in the mornings for better results. Consistency plays a major role in seeing the effectiveness of the asanas. To avoid monotony, one can choose to do 3-4 different poses each time if doing all cannot be possible. In any case, it is most important to be consistent, and dedicated to the asana sessions and make sure to practice deep breathing during the sessions.
You May Like: Average Calories Burned During Hot Yoga
Boat Pose Or Navasana
The navasana is a popular exercise that strengthens abdominal muscles and helps develop six-pack abs. It is a hard exercise though, so if you’re a beginner, start with simple ones and pick this up later.To practise, start with sitting on the floor. Keep legs straight in front of you with knees bent. Lean back a bit as you gradually lift your legs up in the air. Stretch your arms in front of you at shoulder height. Engage your abdominal muscles and feel your spine stretch. Hold this pose for as long as you can. Return to starting position, and rest for some seconds before repeating.
Tip:Progress to this yoga to reduce belly fat once you perfect the easier exercises.
Yoga And Calorie Burning
While yoga isnt traditionally considered an aerobic exercise, there are certain types of yoga that are more physical than others.
Active, intense styles of yoga help you burn the most calories. This may help prevent weight gain. Ashtanga, vinyasa, and power yoga are examples of more physical types of yoga.
Vinyasa and power yoga are usually offered at hot yoga studios. These types of yoga keep you moving almost constantly, which helps you to burn calories.
Practicing yoga may also help you develop muscle tone and improve your metabolism.
While restorative yoga isnt an especially physical type of yoga, it still may help in weight loss. One study found that restorative yoga was effective in helping overweight women to lose weight, including abdominal fat.
These findings are especially promising for people whose body weight may make more vigorous forms of yoga difficult.
Yoga a promising way to help with behavioral change, weight loss, and maintenance by burning calories, heightening mindfulness, and reducing stress. These factors may help you reduce food intake and become aware of the effects of overeating.
More in-depth studies are needed to expand on these findings.
Read Also: Yoga For Toning
What Is Yoga For Belly Fat
One of the most effective exercises that you can do is yoga for belly fat. Yoga to lose belly fat is an excellent way to lose weight from around your belly by creating a calorie deficit and preventing it from creeping back again.
As the name suggests, yoga asanas for belly fat are those that specifically aim at helping you build abdominal muscles and get slimmer around the abdomen.
Which are 10 of the best poses of yoga for belly fat?
Here is the list of the 10 best yoga poses to reduce belly fat.
Here are these yoga poses for belly fat explained in detail:
- Lie on your stomach with your arms by your side to start this pose of yoga to reduce belly.
- Inhale and bring your palms beneath your shoulder and lift your chest and head off the floor.
- Look towards your ceiling and hold the pose for 20-25 seconds.
- Sit on the floor with your legs stretched to start this pose of yoga to reduce belly fat.
- Pull up your knees and tighten your thigh muscles.
- Slowly lift your feet off the ground to make a V-shape with your body.
- Keep the backbone straight and arms at shoulder height.
- Hold the pose for 10-12 seconds.
/6navasana Or Boat Pose
How to perform:
Step 1: Take a seated position on a mat, with your knees bent and feet flat on the surface.
Step 2: Inhale and gently lift your feet up, stretch it out to 45-degree angle, while keeping your torso upright, forming a V shape.
Step 3: Straighten your arms parallel to the floor with your palms turned up.
Step 4: Maintain the balance by lifting the chest up. Hold the position and release your legs on exhale.
Read Also: How Long After Botox Can You Workout
Which Yoga Poses Can Help To Reduce Belly Fat
Despite of most exercise and workouts regime, losing weight by yoga is one of the most trusted and effective method to reduce belly fat.
Numerous mental and physical benefits of yoga motivate us to practice it daily. It promote our stomach well-being by removing several stomach-related issues, like gastric, indigestion, bloating, constipation and so many.
Trying some of these best fat-burning yoga poses can help you to get into your favorite dress fast.
What Is A Yoga Asana
Asana is the name we give to the poses or postures we do in yoga.
Asana is a sanskrit word which means seat particularly the position you take in meditation.
An asana is the physical shape that you make with your body.
These shapes on their own are not yoga. They are the method we use to do yoga. A little like the method in a recipe. The method is not the finished dish, just a way to get to the finished dish.
Read Also: Trapeze Rigging Pull Up Bar
/9 How Many Times A Week Should I Do Yoga To See Results
- How often should you practice yoga to see results?
- Skill Yoga Blog Practicing more than five times a week may not bring any additional benefits, but if you want to have a daily Yoga practice, make sure to pick a gentle one at least once a week.
Which Yoga Is Best For Burning Belly Fat
There are so many styles of yoga that it’s hard to pinpoint one style as being best for fat loss. However, I will say that the style of yoga that brings you the most peace and presence is going to be the best route to success.
As I mentioned before, belly fat is often related to stress and hormonal issues, so anything that lowers cortisol by better managing stress is going to be most helpful.
For some people, a hot and sweaty vinyasa style practice with a lot of movement is the best way to bring themselves into calmness. For others, a slower, but more strength-focused practice, like power yoga might be a better fit.
Personally, I find yoga sculpt to be particularly effective as it draws from other exercises like PiYo and Barre. This is one of the styles of yoga I am trained in and it’s a practice I really enjoy.
Recommended Reading: Bikram Yoga Calories Burned 90 Minutes Calculator
What Are The Benefits Of Yoga For Belly Fat
Here are some of the most important benefits of yoga poses to lose belly fat:
- Poses of yoga to reduce belly fat in 1 week include weight-bearing poses that help build more muscle and expending calories, which makes you lose weight.
- Yoga helps you de-stress and reduce anxiety. This reduces the production of cortisol that aids weight loss.
- Yoga exercise to reduce belly fat enhances mindfulness. This helps balance your thoughts and builds your ability to resist binge eating.
- Yoga for weight loss boosts your metabolism.
Practice Yoga To Burn Belly Fat
Yoga to Burn Belly Fat An unhealthy diet combined with a sedentary lifestyle has led to an increase in the problem of obesity and overweight around the world. Moreover, a lack of exercise causes you to gain unhealthy weight. Also, overweight makes your body vulnerable to a host of severe medical problems like high blood pressure, stroke, and diabetes among others.
Do you want to get rid of unhealthy belly fat without going through the cumbersome gym routine? Hence, it is time you try yoga to burn belly fat which does not require any special equipment or supplements. Furthermore, there are specific yoga poses to help you get rid of unhealthy belly fat? But, let us first understand how exactly weight loss happens.
Read Also: How Many Calories Do You Burn During Hot Yoga