Melissa Benintendi Ma Lpc
I inspire other healers to be the best healers possible. We can be more than just acceptable, but exceptional beyond the average experience.
I was trained at Assemblies of God Theological Seminary and graduated in 2012. For several years I worked as a therapist for men and women struggling with addictions. I found that no matter who I was talking to the root of the struggle was the trauma of their past. These experiences taught me to see struggle for what it is, pain from our past intruding into our today.
I decided I wanted to understand how to help people heal from their experiences so they could have the healthy and joy filled lives they craved. I help my patients look at the past, not to blame or avoid, but to find the freedom to finally move forward.
I decided to receive training in EMDR Therapy so I could be more effective at addressing the traumas and adverse life experiences my clients were dealing with. As I moved into private practice I became a Certified EMDR Therapist and an EMDRIA Approved Consultant. In addition, I am currently studying to be an EMDR Trainer. These trainings have changed my ability to help people heal and I am grateful to have the opportunity to help other therapists gain the same experiences.
– Melissa Benintendi, MA LPC
Hr Yoga Teacher Training
UB’s Yoga Teacher Training Program is designed for committed yoga students who want to intensify their personal practice and develop the skills and confidence to teach others. Our comprehensive curriculum consists of in-depth study of anatomy and alignment for beginning through advanced postures, exploration of yoga history and philosophy, and development of teaching methodology for safe, effective, and inspirational instruction.
How Do I Start Yoga Teacher Training
Recommended Reading: Yoga Trapeze Doorway
Director Of 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Our Sanctuary – Yoga & Wellness
Learn to teach the power of yoga in an experiential program that covers Asanas, Pranayama, Meditation, Philosophy, Teaching Techniques and Methodology. Michele Barnes, the Director of this comprehensize program is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance and has been practicing yoga since 1999.
About Ozark Mountain Yoga
Ozark Mountain Yoga has joined the Green Circle Shopping Center family of earth-conscious businesses. We are connected to Mama Jean?s behind Dynamic Earth on Republic Road in Springfield, Missouri. Our welcoming studio invites all yoga practitioners to enjoy services including public and private classes, workshops and yoga teacher training.
Contact today for more information!
Don’t Miss: Calories Burned 1 Hour Hot Yoga
The Program At A Glance:
The eleven weekends will include :
- How to masterfully lead an inspired power yoga class – in-person and online
- How to theme a class
- How to deliver your message and personal experiences in a way that leaves people inspired
- How to lead Meditation and how to lead Inquiry
- How to powerfully lead a workshop or event from start to finish
- How to shape your audiences listening when leading
- 300-level anatomy, alignment, and modifications to make the practice accessible to anybody
- Individual coaching and feedback
- How to assist verbally & non-verbally
- The art of music – how to theme & choreograph
- The business of yoga including online yoga
- Yoga for: trauma, special needs, kids/teens, prenatal/postnatal, athletes
- The impact of yoga on the brain and mental health
- Breath training and advanced breath techniques
Why A Lotus Flower
Whenever you should doubt your self-worth, remember the lotus flower. Even though it plunges to life from beneath the mud, it does not allow the dirt that surrounds it to affect its growth or beauty. Be that lotus flower always. Do not allow any negativity or ugliness in your surroundings destroy your confidence, affect your growth, or make you question your self-worth. Suzy Kassem
Don’t Miss: Can You Do Hot Yoga While Pregnant
A Snapshot Of Loa’s Background
Loa is the founder and president of Success Naturally Inc., a yoga, image and education center. As a corporate and personal consultant, she provides training and education programs on non-verbal and non-violent communication, wellness management, leadership, and executive development. Loa has over 42 years of experience teaching and consulting in the field of the mind/body connection. Her clients include the State of Missouri, Department of Justice, the State of Colorado, the State of Alaska, banks, insurance companies, and health care organizations.
Loas passion for the community and helping those in need, lead her to co-found the Doula Foundation of Mid-America a non-profit birthing support organization for low-income women in Southwest Missouri. Loa served as President of the DFMA Board of Directors for seven years and lead the organization through business development and successful fundraising.
In 2013, Loa was recognized and awarded the Torch Award for Ethics in the Marketplace by the Better Business Bureau of Southwest Missouri. She served as a board member of the BBB of Southwest Missouri from 2014 to 2017 and was the Chair of the Board of BBB of Southwest Missouri from 2016 to 2017. The Springfield Business Journal named Loa one the most Influential Business Women in 2001. In 2002, the Todays Woman Magazine presented Loa with the distinction of Woman of the Year.
Our Yoga Teacher Training Certification Approach And Philosophy:
- Non-dogmatic: We de-emphasize the right way to approach yoga techniques. Instead, we promote teachers to help students find the best methods for them using intuition, self-study, flexibility and trial and error.
- Physical and spiritual: Our program combines a nice mixture of physical and spiritual aspects of yoga. We recognize there are different teaching styles, comfort levels and reasons why we practice and teach yoga. Everyone is unique. Some teachers may be more physically oriented, others may approach teaching more spiritually. Neither method is right or wrong.
- Personalized: Our yoga teacher training certification program is based on developing your unique style and strong understanding of yoga class elements, not rote memorization of sequences. With out training, youll be able to design a variety of safe, effective and inspiring classes.
- Small class sizes: We use a small student to teacher ratio. We have a minimum of 4 students and generally a max of 10 students in each training. This allows for personal attention and feedback during the training and the small classes promote a cohesive, family-like environment.
Recommended Reading: Does Hot Yoga Make You Lose Weight
How Do You Become A Certified Yoga Instructor
Jennifer Savage Ma Lpc
“I approach every interaction with the utmost compassion and understanding. I work to guide those I work with in navigating life, viewing the world through healthy and clear lenses. I specialize in trauma focused therapy utilizing Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy. This approach highlights the brains capacity to independently heal with the support and guidance of a therapist. It is such an honor to be able to walk along side each person as they find the courage to do this incredible work.
There is something so magical about watching a humans capacity for healing become their reality. We created Beyond Healing Center to provide a safe and beautiful environment to heal from past wounds and present pain with guidance and support for mind, body and soul.“
I have been a therapist for 10 years and have dedicated myself to knowing how to support people as they heal from trauma. I also support other therapists, as both a consultant and trainer, to become skilled trauma therapists.
– Jennifer Savage, MA LPC
Also Check: Tight Fitting Yoga Pants
Custom Designed To Meet Your Needs
Loas programs are each custom designed to meet your specific needs and desired outcomes. Former programs involve everything from non-violent communication and business ethics, to personal productivity management and traditional leadership tactics. Each program begins with a free consultation to determine the needs and desired outcomes, a budget, and the amount of time needed to implement the program.
If you need help determining where to begin in the consultation, we encourage you to look at formerly offered programs by clicking the program examples button below. If youre ready to see what Loas leadership development training can do for you and your business, visit our contact page or click on the link below to schedule your free consultation today.
Director Of Yoga Teacher Training
Benders Yoga Inc
– Present8 years 6 months
Unit 32 – 1828 Blue Heron Drive, London, ON
Learn how to teach yoga safely and in ways that support the design and biomechanics of the human body in an experiential program that covers Asanas, Pranayama, Meditation, Philosophy, Teaching Techniques and Methodology. Michele Barnes, the Director of this comprehensive program, is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher with both Yoga Alliance and Canadian Yoga Alliance. She has been practicing yoga since 1999 and teaching for over 15 years.
Our Sanctuary – Yoga & Wellness
You May Like: How Does Yoga Ball Help Induce Labor
Hr Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
UB’s 85-hour Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training is 9-month program starting in September that certifies you to teach yoga to pregnant students. Meeting on Sundays, you’ll learn about the stages and phases of labor and birth and how yoga, breathing and meditation can help bring comfort in all types of births, about the 3 trimesters and how to modify for each, which yoga postures and breathing techniques are safe for pregnancy, and much more.
Offering Annual Programs For An Ryt 200 Or Ryt 500 Certification Not Sure Which One You Need Check Out This Link From Yoga Alliance To Understand The Different Levels Of Certification: Teachers
YTT is a big commitment, and like most people, I asked around and was told repeatedly that Emerys training was the best! I am so happy that I chose to do my training with Emery! I learned so much, and I truly felt prepared to start teaching at the end of training. I also became an overall better yoga student and was able to deepen my practice through training. Emery Bryant Yoga is definitely the best yoga teacher training school around! -Madison Moore
When I began researching yoga teacher training, everyone that I asked recommended Emery, whether she had been their teacher or not. Her thorough and in-depth approach to her training program fully prepared me to teach a wide variety of yoga classes. I entered her training program wanting to deepen my personal yoga, and I left with the desire to teach yoga to others. I truly do not think you could find a better YTT program for a 200-Hour Yoga Alliance Certified course. -Gabriel Fleetwood
Recommended Reading: Yoga Channels On Roku
Yoga East Healing Arts 200 Hour And 300 Houradvanced Yoga Teacher Training Programs
Our Yoga Alliance approved 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training and 300 hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Program is located in Cape Girardeau Missouri and serves the Heartland Regional area of Southeast Missouri, Southern Illinois, and Western Kentucky. Our yoga teacher training programs blend the ancient philosophy of yoga science with the contemporary art of teaching yoga as a transformational practice of self care and health and wellness. If you are already a 200 hour certified yoga teacher please see our advanced 300 hour yoga teacher training page. If you are want to apply now for the 200 hour basic yoga teacher certification program, please click on the button below.
Welcome To My Hot Yoga
You want a stronger body and a calmer mind? Stress is a constant fight in your life? Welcome to My Hot Yoga, the only place you will ever need to go to fulfill your every yogic need. We are the only yoga studio in Southwest Missouri to offer heated and non-heated yoga along with Aerial and Barre classes.
When you step into our space, you become family. We walk with you through this journey to help you strive to become the best version of yourself. Helping you to become not only stronger inside the yoga room, but also off your yoga mat as well. Striving to love bigger, become less judgmental and less reactive, more positive and most of all love yourself. We are grateful to have you here at our studio and look forward to sharing our passion and love for yoga with you!!
Recommended Reading: Yin Yoga Calories Burned Calculator
Yoga Teacher Training Certification Links
- Yoga Alliance: This organization sets standards for yoga teacher training certification and curriculum standards for registered yoga schools.
- International Association of Yoga Therapists: This organization is moving towards industry education standards and professional standards for yoga therapy teacher training certification.
- International Yoga Federation: Their mission is to lead the global yoga community , set standards, foster integrity, provide resources, and uphold the teachings of yoga
- Elephant Journal: Is a guide to mindful living: yoga, organics, sustainability, genuine spirituality, conscious consumerism, fair fashion, the contemplative artsanything that helps us to live a good life that also happens to be good for others, and our planet.
- Yoga journal: blog and Website for yoga practitioners and sections for yoga teachers, especially useful for those in yoga teacher training certification programs.
- Himalayan Institute: a non-profit, international organization dedicated to serving humanity through educational, spirituality and yoga, and humanitarian programs.
- Yoga Month & Yoga Recess: National Health Foundation programs to promote yoga awareness and introduce children to yoga.
- LA Yoga: online yoga and Ayurveda magazine
- Bihar School of Yoga: traditional vedantic, tantric and yogic teachings in conjunction with contemporary physical and mental health sciences
- Yoga Finder: Retreats, workshops and national classes.
Best Yoga Studios In Springfield Mo
Expert recommended Top 3 Yoga Studios in Springfield, Missouri. All of our yoga studios actually face a rigorous 50-Point Inspection, which includes customer reviews, history, complaints, ratings, satisfaction, trust, cost and general excellence. You deserve only the best!
SUMITS HOT YOGA
Heres The Deal:Desert Lotus Studio Yoga & Meditation Center is one of the best yoga studios in Lancaster, California. It is a place where you connect your mind, body, and soul in a clean and peaceful environment. The yoga studio teachers are here to guide and teach every type of postures. Desert Lotus Studio Yoga & Meditation Center classes profess a complete physical, mental, social, and spiritual development system. Desert Lotus Studio Yoga & Meditation Center experienced by millions that these 26 postures systematically work each part of the body need to keep optimum health and maximum function. At Desert Lotus Studio Yoga & Meditation Center, each component takes care of something different in the body. They all work collectively synergistically, contributing to the progress of every other and increasing their benefits.
SPECIALTY:Sumits Express, Yin, Hour Flow, Gentle Flow by Candlelight, Yin by Candlelight, Sumits Sculpt & Sumits Yoga
Price: Drop In Class: $205 Class Card: $90 10 Class Card: $150
Discount: Group pricing: 25% Off for students
Price: UNLIMITED YOGA NO CHILDCARE12-month commitment: $99
Don’t Miss: What Size Yoga Ball To Sit On At Work
Yoga Teacher Training Certification Delivery Options:
We offer the training in two live formats , one online format and one hybrid format.
- Two week yoga intensives: Two week intensives are in a Monday-Friday, 8-5 p.m. format, with about 2-4 hours pf personal study and homework each night. Of all formats, we recommend this experience. Its transformative on many levels: physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. We live and breathe yoga for two weeks. Prior to starting the intensive students complete a mini online yoga course in yoga and preparatory course in anatomy. Students complete a two week intensives and associated workshops for their completion of the program.
- Online Yoga Certification: The online yoga course is the same curriculum as our live classes, except it is delivered online through our learning management system, EDU 2.0. .
- Hybrid Bridge Program: This option is a essentially a one-on-one class with your yoga teacher. You study the curriculum at your own pace. Contact hours are gained with an E-RYT instructor through personal one-one-one classes, mentoring and assisting. Tuition for the bridge class does not cover one-one-one contact hours with the E-RYT instructor. This is a separate charge per hour or flat fee.
Ahh Yoga 200 Hour Teacher Training
Ahh Yoga 200 hour Hatha Teacher Training is regularly offered for sincere yoga students who are interested in deepening their personal practice, and gaining knowledge and experience. The 200 hour training qualifies the applicant to register with the Yoga Alliance and gain an RYT200 registration.
The Curriculum meets the National Standards of the Yoga Alliance for yoga teachers and includes Techniques, Training and Practice, Teaching Methodology, Anatomy and Physiology, Yoga Philosophy/Lifestyle and Ethics and a 10 hour Practicum.
In addition, students are required to attend yoga classes and practice on their own. Students are also required to practice meditation, participate in classroom observations and complete required readings.
It is recommended that you have at least 1 year of a consistent yoga practice to enroll in training. Students will be required to purchase and read the following textbooks for the teacher training: Yoga the Iyengar Way, Silva, Mira & Shyam Mehta, The Key Poses of Yoga, Ray Long, Philosophy Book and The Bhagavad Gita.
Cost and schedule are not yet available for 2020. Check back soon, or contact us to request to be added to our waiting list.
Also Check: Calories Burned Doing Yoga