What Is Belly Fat
One thing is certain, the area where fat is accumulated the fastest in the stomach. This is simply because the food that enters your body goes to the stomach first, and when there is an excess of anything, it just remains there.
Visceral or belly fat refers to the fat surrounding the liver and other organs in the abdominal region. This is extremely unhealthy and can cause a number of health issues. Also, it is easily neglected, hence it gets more and more saturated.
Bhujangasana Or The Cobra Pose For Weight Loss
- To practice Bhujangasana, lie prone on the floor or the yoga mat i.e. on your stomach with the top of your feet and chin resting on the floor.
- Legs should be kept close together with the heels and feet lightly touching each other.
- Place your palms facing downwards i.e. facing ground and below the shoulders with the fingers of your hand outwards i.e. other side of the body.
- While practicing Bhujangasana, the elbows should be kept parallel to each other and close to the body.
- While inhaling deeply, gently raise your head, chest and abdomen up while keeping the navel and pelvis touching the floor.
- Take your shoulders back and down in such a way that when the head is tilted backwards, and the chest is opened forward while practicing Bhujangasana.
- Focus your gaze forward or upwards depending upon the flexibility of your neck and spine or till where you can bend backwards.
- Raise your body upwards till your arms become straight on the ground.
- Keep pressing the ground with your pelvis. Also, make sure that you are not putting a lot of tension in your arms.
- At a point where you are comfortable, hold the pose for 20-30 seconds.
- Straighten you to a point where you are comfortable. Do not overstretch or exert yourself.
- While exhaling, gently take your body downwards to rest on the floor.
- Relax with your hand stretched outwards and chin touching the floor.
Importance Of Regulating Weight
Keeping a check on your weight is more important than you think. But, at the same time, it doesnt mean you need to stop eating completely, as that too is detrimental to your overall health.
In order to keep your weight on the leash, all you need to do is balance your food intake with your metabolism. Simple exercises and practices will help speed the metabolism rate ensuring that unwanted fat doesnt get stored in the body.
Results are seen more quickly in the youth as compared to the middle-aged and older individuals. This is because the metabolism is at its peak and just needs a small push to start functioning at its potential.
Not only does this help with making you feel great about yourself but it also helps you become more active and less lethargic. Other benefits include improved blood circulation, glowing skin, and a healthy body.
You May Like: Pull Up Bar Swing
Yoga To Reduce Belly Fat Yes That Can Happen
A monotonous lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits, lack of exercise and high stress levels are all reasons for that pot belly. The wider your abdomen gets, the higher the level of risk! There are no shortcuts to getting rid of abdominal fat but proper diet with good fitness routine can help reduce belly fat to a large extent. If you dont want to hit the gym then yoga is always an option. It not only helps decrease abdominal fat but also allows your body and mind to feel rejuvenated.
Try out these yoga asanas to feel the difference…
Dos And Donts To Get Rid Of Belly Fat With Yoga:
Follow these tips to maximize the benefits of the Yoga program:
- Eat a healthy diet comprising of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Drink Plenty Of Water and stay hydrated.
- Break your meals into small portions for easy digestion.
- Include a lot of fibre in your diet for better bowel movements.
- Lower your stress levels and keep your mind at ease.
- Sleep for at least 7-8 hours a day.
Also Check: Best Free Roku Fitness Channels 2018
Here Are 10 Yoga Asanas That Can Help You Get A Flat Belly
Written by Pavitra Sampath | Updated : March 16, 2016 1:00 PM IST
While we are eager to try all sorts of exercises to get washboard abs, many times rigorous exercising brings with it side effects like back pain and muscle cramps. Here is where eating the right foods, doing the right exercises and trying these yoga poses can help you.
According to Smt Hansaji Jayadeva Yogendra, Director of The Yoga Institute, ‘Firstly, weight loss is not just about looking good and getting the perfect figure. It is about being healthy and fit so that we can do our duties well and achieve the goals that we have set for ourselves. Calculate how much weight you can lose in a month here.
To lose weight the yoga way, you need to relax and stop worrying about your body fat. Asanas like Chakrasana the wheel pose, Vakrasana the twisted posture, Yashtikasana the stick pose, Sputa Bhadrasana the lying down butterfly pose, when done regularly, can help you lose your belly fat. The advantage of yoga is that all asanas have a multitude of benefits. You won t just have a flat stomach but a healthier body and a relaxed mind as well. Brisk walking twice a day can also help. Remember to pull your stomach in and let it out at the pace of twice a minute while walking.
Pavanamuktasana: Wind Relieving Pose
If you have a bloated stomach because of gastric or constipation problems, this yoga for belly fat is best for such complications.
How to do Pavanamuktasana:
- Step 1: Lie flat on your back and bend your knees.
- Step 2: Slowly, pull your legs to your stomach so that they exert pressure on your belly and abdomen.
- Step 3: Hold your legs with your arms to support the posture and keep breathing deeply.
- Step 4: Return back to lying flat on your back and repeat this maximum 8 times.
Benefits of Pavanamuktasana:
Read Also: Pregnant Yoga Poses To Avoid
Yoga Asanas For Weight Loss
Yoga does not always result in weight loss immediately as these poses are simple. These Yoga poses focus mostly on building body flexibility, improving concentration, and building your muscle tone. Once your body gets used to these asanas, you will begin to practice Yoga asanas for weight loss.
Some of the Yoga asanas and yoga tips for weight loss are as given below.
Different Yoga Asanas For Flat Tummy
To help you start your weight loss journey, we have shared some of the best yoga poses for flat tummy. Read and follow the instructions carefully.
One of the most famous yoga asanas for flat tummy, Adho Mukha Svanasana helps in boosting your metabolic rate and also keeps your core muscles engaged. All this helps in getting a flat stomach. The asana is also an essential part of Surya Namaskar and relaxes the whole body. The Downward Facing Dog is also a good yoga pose to improve your posture and increase flexibility.
How to perform it?
- First, come on the table position with all four limbs on the floor.
- Exhale and lift up your hips. Also, straighten your arms and legs so that your body forms an inverted âVâ shape.
- Your toes should point straight ahead while the palms should rest at a shoulder-wide distance.
- Now, look to your naval and hold this position for at least a minute. Take a deep and long breath.
- Slowly return to the initial position.
- Repeat this yoga for flat belly 5 times.
A popular yoga for flat tummy, the Seated Forward Bend works on each muscle of your body and stretches it. It also balances your menstrual cycle and relieves stress. You can also notice an improvement in your digestion after performing this yoga for a few weeks. It also burns the fat in your tummy region and thatâs why we have included it in the list of yoga poses for flat belly.
How to perform it?
How to do it?
- Cobra Pose
Recommended Reading: How To Hang A Yoga Swing
What Is Power Yoga And How Does It Differ To General Yoga
Power yoga has evolved from Ashtanga Yoga and is still based around the traditional movements. It is a more robust athletic style of yoga exercise with a far more aerobic quality that gets your heart rate up. Strength training and aeorobic training in one session is a popular way to keep fit.
Often it is set to music. It is a popular contemporary style that is practised in classes for people who enjoy all the principles of yoga with the added benefit of extra fitness.
Can Yoga Help You Lose Weight
Yoga may burn fewer calories than a traditional aerobic workout such as running or weight training but still, it has high effectiveness.
The reason behind this is that when you enroll yourself in yoga classes, you are not committed to it just during the class timings.
Yoga becomes a lifestyle once you start practicing it. A yogi makes healthy choices in his life and focuses on their goal of maintaining a sound mind and body.
Other than that, there are different types of yoga for specific goals. Different yoga poses can help you tone muscles and burn fat at the same time.
Practicing yoga benefits mindful eating. Youre more likely to be motivated towards your goals of improving your overall health.
Mindful eating can be described as eating without the awareness of physical and psychological sensations with eating.
It means that most of the time, people dont like to eat healthy food because its not tasty.
But people who practice yoga are more likely to choose what they want to eat strictly based on its nutritional value.
If you are a mindful eater then there is no doubt that you can lose weight easily. Sticking to a healthy diet will prevent you from gaining weight in the first place.
You might think that its easy for me to give up on those scrumptious meals full of sauces but in reality, it could be a really tough decision.
Thats where yoga steps in, it makes you a mindful eater so you dont make eating choices based on how it tastes and feels.
You May Like: Calories Burned In Hot Yoga Calculator
Yoga Is Not Just About A Few Poses That Strengthen You It Has More Benefits To Offer Such As:
- Increased flexibility
- Weight reduction
- Stress management
Stress can have a devastating effect on your body and mind. It can reveal itself in the form of pain, anxiety, insomnia, and the inability to concentrate. Most times, stress is the main cause of weight gain. Yoga can help you cope with stress.
Physical benefits of Yoga, combined with stress management, help a person to lose weight and maintain good physical and mental health.
Nauka Sanchalanasana Or Rowing The Boat Pose To Get A Flat Stomach
- To practice Nauka Sanchalanasana or Rowing the Boat pose, sit with both legs straight in front of the body on the floor or on the yoga mat.
- Imagine yourself sitting in a boat and rowing it. This is all you are supposed to do while practicing Nauka Sanchalanasana or Rowing the Boat pose.
- To get into Nauka Sanchalanasana or Rowing the Boat pose, clench the hands as though grasping oars, with the palms facing down.
- Breathe out and bend forward from the waist, as far as is comfortable.
- Make sure that you straighten the arms while practicing Nauka Sanchalanasana or Rowing the Boat pose.
- Inhale deeply and lean back as far as possible while drawing the hands back towards the shoulders while practicing Nauka Sanchalanasana or Rowing the Boat pose
- This completes one round of Nauka Sanchalanasana or Rowing the Boat pose.
- While practicing Nauka Sanchalanasana or Rowing the Boat pose, the hands should make a complete circular movement in every round.
- Your arms should move up the sides of the legs and trunk while practicing Nauka Sanchalanasana or Rowing the Boat pose.
- The legs should be kept straight throughout while practicing Nauka Sanchalanasana or Rowing the Boat pose.
- Practice 5 to 10 rounds of Nauka Sanchalanasana or Rowing the Boat pose.
Don’t Miss: What Should I Wear To Hot Yoga
Yoga Poses For Weight Loss
Have you ever tried yoga for weight loss?
If not, then youve arrived at the right place.
Yoga not only therapizes your mind and soul but also cleanses your body from all the toxicity you gather.
It is an affordable home-based solution if you want to lose weight without indulging in hardcore diet rules or expensive gym sessions.
Wondering how? Lets find out here.
Yoga appears to be a healthy practice to achieve an enlightened soul.
But one of its gazillion health benefits is that it helps in weight loss.
There are several different forms and postures of yoga for weight loss that you can practice at home.
Here well list down for you a few simple yet effective yoga poses for weight loss.
Weve listed the poses under a few categories for you to easily navigate
Warrior Pose or Virabhadrasana has three different postures with multiple benefits.
It is one crucial yoga for weight loss for beginners as it has simple steps.
Warrior Pose I or Virabhadrasana I
Here you have to first spread your legs apart as much as you can.
Then breathe slowly and lift your arms sidewise upward and lock the palms together above your head.
Now turn 90 degrees left and check if your left leg is bent keeping the thigh parallel to the floor and your right leg kept straight backward with a 25-degree angle.
Push your tailbone so that your spine feels the tension.
Now try to look up at your palms raised.
Hold this posture for a few seconds and then relax.
Repeat the same process facing the right side.
Best Yoga Poses For Weight Loss
Here are the 15 best yoga poses to try for weight loss and build strength in your abs, core and entire body! These 15 yoga poses are very effective to remove your belly fat and for weight loss.
It is very good stretching exercise as you bend seated forward to touch your knees and toes with hands.
Reach further to touch your toes with hands.
If you find it difficult at first, you can do half pose with one leg and one hand.
This pose helps you manage stress, improve digestion, and reduce anxiety.
The pose starts with plank pose then you shift your weight on the right side from your arm to foot. Swing your left arm and left foot over and rest the left foot on the right foot as your arm rests on your hip.
Place your right hand ahead of the shoulder and raise your left arm that it is perpendicular to the floor. Point fingers upwards. Lower your arm and come back to plank pose. Repeat the pose on the left side.
This pose makes your body stronger you get a good stretch and balance improvement.
Lie down on your front, slowly lift your head onto the forearms. Then bend your right knee and bring the heel closer to the hip.
Use your two hands to bring the left foot towards the hip by bending the left leg. Rotate your elbows towards the sky.
Hold on the pose up to one minute. Then very slowly start to release your body.
#5 Nauka Chalan
Don’t Miss: How Many Calories Does Hatha Yoga Burn
Ustrasana Yoga Or Camel Pose
The camel pose helps strengthen the ab muscles, which is essential for reducing belly fat. Moreover, it even strengthens the spine, making it more flexible with time.
How to do it:
- Kneel on the knees and bend the torso back towards the heel in an arched form.
- The arms should go back to support the upper body weight on the back of the foot.
- Continue inhaling and exhaling and hold the position for 30-40 seconds. Keep doing yoga poses for belly fat daily for better results.
Doing this yogasana might strain the neck muscles. Hence, avoid doing this if you have neck-related issues.
Boat Pose Or Navasana
The navasana is a popular exercise that strengthens abdominal muscles and helps develop six-pack abs. It is a hard exercise though, so if you’re a beginner, start with simple ones and pick this up later.To practise, start with sitting on the floor. Keep legs straight in front of you with knees bent. Lean back a bit as you gradually lift your legs up in the air. Stretch your arms in front of you at shoulder height. Engage your abdominal muscles and feel your spine stretch. Hold this pose for as long as you can. Return to starting position, and rest for some seconds before repeating.
Tip:Progress to this yoga to reduce belly fat once you perfect the easier exercises.
Read Also: How Many Calories Does 1 Hour Of Yoga Burn
Tone Your Tummy With Marjariasana Or The Cat Stretch Pose
- To get into Marjariasana or The Cat Stretch Pose, you must get into Vajrasana or The Thunderbolt Pose first as mentioned above.
- Raise the buttocks and stand on the knees while getting into Marjariasana or The Cat Stretch Pose.
- Lean forward and place the hands flat on the floor beneath the shoulders with the fingers facing forward while getting into Marjariasana or The Cat Stretch Pose.
- Make sure that your hands should be in line with the knees while getting into Marjariasana or The Cat Stretch Pose.
- The arms and thighs should be perpendicular to the floor while practicing Marjariasana or The Cat Stretch Pose.
- The knees may be together or slightly separated while practicing Marjariasana or The Cat Stretch Pose.
- This is the Marjariasana or The Cat Stretch Pose starting position.
- Inhale deeply while raising the head and depressing the spine in such a way that the back becomes concave while practicing Marjariasana or The Cat Stretch Pose.
- Expand the abdomen fully and fill the lungs with the maximum amount of air while practicing Marjariasana or The Cat Stretch Pose.
- Hold the breath in this position for 3 to 4 seconds.
- Exhale deeply while lowering the head and stretching the spine upward while practicing Marjariasana or The Cat Stretch Pose.