Vinyl Yoga And Fitness Tiles
Vinyl yoga tiles are dense foam tiles with an anti-skid backing that allows them to be used on top of any existing flooring. They are easy to install and climate stable, so they dont expand or contract with changes in humidity or temperature. They insulate the floor and wont thud or echo if a student stomps or falls during class.
These tiles were initially designed for martial arts and fitness studios, however their applications for yoga are now widely known. They are very safe, yet still firm. This is a great DIY option that can still have a luxury aesthetic and long life expectancy .
Is A Laminate Floor Good For Your Home Gym
Adopting a regular workout routine is the best decision you can ever make as far as leading a healthy lifestyle is concerned. Apparently, however, we live in a busy world and especially due to the fact that the economy of this age and day is seemingly harsh, many people find it almost impossible to enroll into a gym, let alone attend sessions. This is why these days many homeowners end up setting up workout rooms in their own homes.
However, there are some crucial things that you need to carefully consider when setting up a home gym, and one of them is gym flooring. The type of floor you choose to install in your workout room will not only have an impact on your comfort when working out, but it will also dictate convenience and the kinds of exercises you can do. Well, there are quite a number of flooring options that you can use for your home gym, but they are not all the same. Some of them are more durable than others, whereas some tend to offer a higher degree of comfort. Some are great add absorbing shock from dropped weights, whereas others tend to lean more towards the affordability side.
If you guessed right, floating wood tile flooring is one of the options you have when looking for gym flooring. But the big question is, can laminate flooring live up to your expectations? Starting with some factors to consider before deciding on which home gym flooring to use, here are some benefits of laminate flooring in workout gyms.
How Do I Turn My Garage Into A Yoga Studio
Build Your Own Garage Yoga Studio
You May Like: Hot Yoga Pregnancy
Floating Flooring Pros And Cons
Given the popularity of floating flooring systems as a whole, it can be easy to overlook the downside to this installation method. Whether its the right approach for your home depends on the type of flooring you plan to install and your subfloor, but there are several things to consider before choosing a floating floor system for your home.
Yoga & Hot Yoga Flooring
The Zebra Yoga Mat was developed specifically to meet the demands of yoga practice, making it the ideal permanent flooring solution for yoga studios.
The Perfect Yoga Floor
The Zebra Yoga Mat was developed specifically to meet the demands of yoga practice, making it the ideal permanent flooring solution for yoga studios. Each individual mat is covered in a tatami textured vinyl and features an anti-skid bottom for stability.
The tatami textured surface offers superior traction compared to a hard wood floor. It can also be easily wiped clean making it hassle free to keep your studio fresh and tidy every day. This flooring is made specially to cushion the pressure involved in strenuous yoga poses. This type of flooring is impervious to scratches, water, and moitsure resulting in the longest lifespan of any athletic flooring and requiring the least amount of long term maintenance. What’s great about our Yoga floor, is that it maintains itself perfectly in traditional Yoga studios as well as Hot Yoga Studios.
Mat your entire floor, or use the mats individually.
You May Like: How Long After Botox Can You Workout
Reclaimed Wood For Yoga Studio Flooring: Pros
- The appearance of reclaimed wood has been a divisive factor in the last five to ten years. Its not certain yet whether itll continue to be a popular choice, but its appealing to look at when paired with brick and other types of wood.
- One of the main reasons that so many people choose reclaimed wood for yoga studio flooring is because its better for the environment. Rather than chopping down new trees, old wood from other projects forms reclaimed wood.
- The natural feeling of reclaimed wood is a bit more rustic than most other types of wood. Its much less slippery, giving a good foothold for your students while theyre performing their yoga poses.
Hardwood Is Optimal In Yoga Studio Design
While there are other decent choices for yoga flooring like laminate, cork, or bamboo, you should always avoid concrete, vinyl, marble, and especially carpet. Our best recommendation still is to look into hardwood floors. But please be sure to maintain the humidity levels in the studio. Excessive humidity, together with drastic temperature changes causes woods to expand and retract because of the moisture absorption.
We can help you choose every detail for your yoga studio. The best type of wood, color, design and more. All you need to do is to contact us today, and we will help you build the best yoga studio you can imagine so you can relax and enjoy.
Read Also: Handstand Yoga Sequence
Pros Of Vinyl Yoga Tiles:
- Easy to clean: just like wood flooring, vinyl yoga tiles are easy to mop and dry quickly.
- Stable: check the foam core density of the tiles you are purchasing. The right yoga tiles will have a density that provides ample stability while still maintaining a soft surface to cushion falls.
- Anti-skid: vinyl provides an anti-skid surface. You can even choose from smooth or tatami textures, using tatami surfaced tiles for added anti-skid protection.
- Moisture proof: vinyl tiles are the best choice for hot yoga because they do not absorb water or expand when exposed to excess humidity.
- Sustainability: the right tiles will be made from recycled materials. Ask your flooring provider how they make their tiles.
- Easy installation: these tiles can be placed over all types of flooring and have an anti-skid backing that holds them in place.
- Easy replacement: suffer damage to a certain area of your flooring? Simply purchase and install a new tile rather than replacing the entire floor.
Whats the downside of foam and vinyl yoga tiles? Some would say the price, but the right yoga tile is a long-lasting investment that should last at least 10 years, so its worth what you put into it. If you are serious about providing a comfortable and safe space for your yoga practice, look into getting yoga tiles for your studio. If price is an issue, check out Zebras financing options or speak with a Zebra representative today, about options from the Zebra Outlet.
Bamboo For Yoga Studio Flooring: Pros
- Bamboo is a highly recommended type of wood for yoga studio floors. The eco-friendly material is quick-growing, easy to replace, and plentiful around the world.
- Bamboo is as tough as wood gets. Its rugged, and it can take a beating. Not only that, but its known to wear down slower than hardwood. Its also very easy to clean, and a simple buffing with oil will remove most of the scratches.
- Its resistant to dirt and grime, which can be a common issue when youre dealing with countless sweaty clients from all walks of life.
Read Also: Installing Aerial Silks At Home
Which Group Fitness Studio Flooring Is Best For You
Opening a new fitness studio comes with lots of considerations, from figuring out a class schedule to striking the right atmosphere with the studios decor. But when it comes to the space where the class will actually be taking place, the details are pretty important. Depending on what type of workout youre offering to clients, youll need to decide where youre going to place the barre, what equipment youll need and where to store it. And of course, youll want to put down the right group fitness studio flooring to ensure that your clients have the best experience possible during the workout.
We asked a few fitness studio owners to give us their recommendations on the types of flooring to consider installing in your studio, based on different workout needs. Heres what they had to say about the best options for installing floors in your new studio.
Eucalyptus For Yoga Studios: Cons
- Humidity is the enemy of eucalyptus wood. Its porous enough to cause mold, bacterial growth, and warping. If you live in a humid area or you host hot yoga sessions, then eucalyptus wood shouldnt be on your list of possibilities.
- Since its not as popular as other kinds of wood, eucalyptus wood is often hard to find in small towns. Youll have to order it or drive far away if youre not near a big city.
Recommended Reading: Yoga For Flat Stomach
Why Yoga Flooring From Carlisle #1
When you choose yoga flooring from Carlisle, you know the quality of your wide plank floor will be unsurpassed. Weve established our reputation as a leader in handcrafted floors by producing stunning surfaces created with the finest raw materials available, time-honored techniques and the highest levels of craftsmanship in the industry. Every Carlisle floor is a one-of-a-kind masterpiece that is the perfect reflection of the homeowners sense of style. And our woodworkers obsess over every inch of every plank ensure your floor will meet your highest expectations and ours.
When you come to Carlisle for yoga flooring, youll work with a design consultant who will serve as your guide through the exciting journey of designing an extraordinary wide plank floor. From the selection of hardwood and width of your floorboards to the shade of stain and finish for each plank, our team will answer every question and offer expert guidance as you create a floor that will be a centerpiece of your home for years to come.
Top Brands Of Floating Floors
The main brands for materials for floating floors vary according to the type of material.
- Pergo: The original manufacturer of laminate flooring, this company is by some estimates the best overall manufacturer of this product. The Pergo brand is now owned by flooring giant Mohawk.
- Tarkett: This company offers 47 different styles of laminate flooring in a variety of wood grain textures and colors.
Luxury vinyl flooring:
- Shaw: Regarded as one the best supplies on the basis of quality combined with broad selection.
- COREtec: Although not as well known to the general public, pros regard COREtec as an excellent brand. It’ products are renowned for their water resistance.
- Mohawk: This premium brand offers more than 200 different selections of luxury vinyl flooring.
- Bruce: Now a division of Armstrong flooring carries its engineered hardwood flooring products. These are affordable products widely available at home improvement centers.
- Carlisle:This is a manufacturer of wide-plank flooring, considered a premium form of engineered flooring.
- Lumber Liquidators: This company’s house brand of engineered wood flooring is sourced from factories around the world, but the quality and selection are remarkably good for flooring that is so affordable.
Also Check: Surya Namaskar Calories Burned Calculator
Is It Ok To Do Yoga On Floor
The short answer is yes, but there are several factors to consider when trying to decide whether or not a mat is right for you. If practicing yoga in a place with a hard floor, it is not suggested to do yoga without standing on something. Yoga mats are best suited for this, but you can also use a towel, rug or blanket.
Does The Floor Move / How Is The Floor Held Down:
Depending on the condition of either the subfloor or the existing floor you are going on top of, the floor may have a lot of movement or little to no movement at all. We cannot stress enough that the subfloor determines the integrity of the final outcome.
A floating floor is held down by the base and/or shoe molding also with the furniture in the room.
Recommended Reading: How To Reduce Tummy After Pregnancy
Bamboo Flooring For Yoga Studios
The Zen of bamboo flooring is beginning to meet yogas power in many studios across the US.
If you want a place that exudes health and vitality and feels like a proper studio, then the first area to look at is your floor. If it looks great, is kept clean, polished, and inviting, people will lay down their yoga mats with enthusiasm before they begin their practice.
What could be more important than ensuring your yoga studio has the right flooring for your clients? Wonderfully aesthetic and brilliantly sustainable, bamboo flooring is not only durable, but its also easy on the environment too. Whether performing the cat or the plank, saluting the sun, or meditating on your breath, most yoga practitioners are more mindful of the environment, so bamboo flooring is always an excellent fit for this Zen culture.
Countless yoga studios have used our bamboo floors for their studios across the country. Always trying to stay connected with the real world, choosing a floor made from bamboo seemed the perfect choice for their needs. It looks professional, clean, and inviting, which is good news for this popular exercise franchise.
Here are just some reasons why bamboo flooring mixes so well with yoga, Pilates, and other exercise regimes:
Different Types Of Flooring For Yoga Studios
Art Chief EditorSelecting the right floors for your yoga studio. Easily create the perfect ambience at a price that fits your budget with this helpful and thorough information.
The yoga and holistic health industry is a booming business, and with the increase in yoga studios cropping up across the country comes an increase in competition amongst businesses. Creating the ideal studio is crucial in order to retain yoga enthusiasts and one of the most important aspects of this is, without a doubt, the type of flooring you choose for your studio.
There are many different aspects to consider when choosing a floor for your studio, all of which are covered here. Price, durability, and appearance are all factors to take into consideration prior to the purchase and installation of your floors.
Recommended Reading: Are Lululemon Yoga Mats Machine Washable
Best Budget: Prosourcefit Puzzle Exercise Mat
Material: High-Density EVA Foam | Dimensions: 25 x 4 x 25 inches | Thickness: 0.5 inches | Intended Use: Indoor Workouts, Fitness Equipment
Easy to move between different locations
Comes in various sizes and colors
High-intensity movements can shift mats
Interlocking mats are one of the most popular and affordable options for home gym floors since you can easily configure the tiles to match your needs or move them to a new location. ProsourceFits Puzzle Exercise Mat features ½-inch thick individual foam tiles that come in packs to cover 24, 48, or 144 square feet.
Use these foam tiles to create a gym floor to cushion your joints as you squat, lunge, lift, and more to get your heart pumping. The underside of the textured tiles is grippy enough to stay put, though high-intensity movements might cause some shifting of the interlocked mats. The best thing about these mats is that they can be easily repositioned to fit your workout needs and arent a permanent gym flooring installation.
“The included pieces are big enough to create a 24-square-foot workout area. This is ample room for one person, but we cant imagine two people sharing the space. That said, the set is so cheap that you can buy a few if youre looking to cover more square footage.”Angelica Leicht, Product Tester
Best Mat: Gorilla Mats Extra Large Exercise Mat
Material: Foam| Dimensions: 8 feet x 4 feet x .25 inches | Thickness: 0.25 inches | Intended Use: Cardio, Strength, or Dance Workouts Such As P90x, TAM, Insanity, T25, Zumba, TRX, Kettlebell, Jumping Rope
If a small workout space is all you need, consider using a heavy-duty mat over your existing home gym flooring or in your garage, basement, etc. Gorilla Mats use foam to create a durable surface for any fitness function you have in mind, including weightlifting, aerobics, or plyometrics. The 0.25-inch thick mat can also be rolled up and transported to a new location.
Comfort padding provides plenty of cushion for pressure points while the non-slip, textured backing gives this mat a firm grip on the floor. These extra-large mats are 8 x 4 feet in size, which is plenty of room for a solo workout. If you need more coverage, then consider using two mats for your home gym floor.
âThis exercise mat is solid. Its thick, durable, and can handle any type of workout you throw at it. A lot of exercise mats require you to take off your shoes before using them, but the Gorilla Mats exercise mats are durable enough for you to leave them on.âLindsay Boyers, Product Tester
Read Also: What Is The Meaning Of Ashtanga Yoga
Best Overall: Trafficmaster Rubber Gym Flooring Tiles
Material: RecycledRubber | Dimensions: 56 x 0.3 x 37 inches | Thickness: 0.32 inches | Intended Use: Heavy and Intense Workouts, Heavy Fitness Equipment, Dropping Free Weights
Feels grittier if on hands and knees
Give your home gym floors a major makeover with these TrafficMaster tiles. Constructed of shock-absorbing foam with a rubber wear layer on top, each interlocking tile provides both cushion and durability. The puzzle-like design of these 18 x 18-inch tiles makes it easy to configure them for your space and add or remove tiles as necessary. Edge pieces are included to give your flooring a finished look.
A popular pick for home gyms that feature weight machines, cardio equipment, or space for plyometrics, these tiles are 0.32 inches thick. While slightly thinner than some other options for gym flooring, they provide a solid surface for any activity you have in mind and protect your floors from repetitious movements or heavy equipment. The textured surface provides plenty of traction but might be slightly grittier than expected if you are on your hands and knees for your workout.