Yoga Poses Or Asanas For Toned Thighs And Hips
If you are leading a sedentary lifestyle or have a desk job then chances are high that your back can get hurt because of nonstop sitting, erroneous postures and habits. These factors also lead to more fat deposits. Sitting around too much can even lead to dead butt syndrome and one can even experience pain, stiffness and muscle pulls among others. But instead of worrying about it, one can tone their hips and thighs with the help of yoga.
Yes, hip and thigh toning yoga asanas can help you to get rid of pain and reduce the chances of injuries as well. The asanas will also not only improve blood circulation, strengthen hips and joints and energy flow but also reduce the fat around the pelvic area, thus helping you to get back in shape. So read on to know which yoga postures can help to reduce fats in thighs and hips and help them tone up.
This pose will help to open up the hips and stretches the hip flexors. Also, the fat from the thigh area reduces. Shoulders and back are also stretched thus improving the flexibility of the spine and improves posture. Please refrain from doing asana if you have back injury or neck injury, high or low blood pressure. Follow the video tutorial to know more.
5. Janu Shirasasana
What Science Says About Yoga And Weight Loss
Yoga is scientifically proven to help with weight loss. Several studies on yoga and its effect on weight loss showed clear proof that the majority of participants had a noticeable decrease in weight and also felt better mentally.
Some studies also revealed how the stress reduction that yoga provides plays a major role in weight loss.
Downward Dog Pose Or Adho Mukha Svanasana
Holding this pose actively engages your core, making it a great yoga to reduce belly fat, and strengthen and tone the abdominals.Get on your hands and knees, setting knees directly below hips and hands slightly ahead of shoulders. Spread palms and index fingers, and keep toes turned under. As you exhale, keep knees slightly bent and lift them up from the floor. Lengthen the tailbone and lightly press it towards the pubis. Push thighs back and stretch heels towards the floor. Straighten knees but do not lock them. Firm the outer thighs and outer arms, and press palms actively into the floor. Keep shoulder blades firm and draw them toward the tailbone. Keep your head between the upper arms. Hold this pose for one to three minutes exhale and bend knees to the floor and come to rest in Child’s pose.
Improves Sleep And Reduces Stress
Yet another reason many of us end up adding extra padding to our tummy area is poor sleep and high stress.
Yoga can help significantly with both of these issues.
Practicing yoga a few times a week will surely leave you feeling more physically relaxed, to help you achieve more restful sleep.
You may also experience more peace of mind, that you are able to quiet your thoughts in order to fall asleep faster and stay sleeping longer .
Paschim Namaskarasana Or Reverse Prayer:
Do this yoga for flabby arms regularly to get an astonishing result in just a few days. Lets now check out how you can do this yoga for flabby arms.
Steps To Do Paschim Namaskarasana Or Reverse Prayer:
- Stand up straight, stretching your hand towards the sky
- Turn your arms behind the head, join your palms and bring it back in the prayer position
- Put a little emphasis on your palms so that there is flexibility in your arms
- Put your palms together and bring your arms over the head
- Repeat these two steps 20 times
- Bring your arms back and relax for 15 seconds
- Repeat this exercise 10 to 15 times
- Do this practice twice a day
4. Bakasana Or Crow Or Crane Pose:
This asana brings compact hand balance and thus helps to tone and strengthen your abs and arm. Along with this, you get the power to focus on meditation. With the practice of this asana, the mind gets concentrated and is beneficial for shoulder-related diseases too. This is one of yoga for arms fat reduction.
Steps To Do Bakasana Or Crow Or Crane Pose:
- To do the asana, sit in a squat position
- Place your both palms on the floor
- Place your knees near the arms
- With the support of your arms raise feet above the ground
- Place your knees under your underarms
- Look on the ground
- Hold for about 30 to 45 seconds in this posture
- Continue doing this for about 10 to 15 time
- Do at least 2 sets of this asana to get stronger arms
Don’t Miss: What Does Ashtanga Mean
Bent Over Barbell Row
Target Lats, rhomboids, traps, rear delts, and biceps.
How To Do Bent Over Barbell Row
Sets And Reps 3 sets of 10 reps
Tip You can also do this exercise with a wide grip to target your rear deltoids.
Target Lats, shoulders, biceps, and chest.
How To Do Inverted Row
Sets And Reps 2 sets of 10 reps
Tip You can use a wide grip with the palms facing you or an underhand grip to target the biceps, delts, and lats.
Plank Pose Yoga For Belly Fat
Plank is another foundational pose that works the entire body by engaging the arms, legs, back, and core muscles.
This pose helps improve posture and builds strength, focus, and discipline.
How to do it:
- Come into a push-up position. If you experience discomfort in your wrists, move them forward slightly so they are not directly stacked underneath your shoulders.
- Spread your fingers and grip your mat. Reach the crown of your head forward and keep the back of the neck long. Pull the belly button in and up, and aim to maintain the natural curves of the spine.
- Keep your legs active by lifting your kneecaps and feel as though your heels are pushing back into an imaginary wall behind you.
- Hold your plank for as long as you can, keeping your breath steady. Release with an exhale, lowering all the down to your mat.
Beginners tip: practice plank on your knees, keeping the same alignment of the spine and core activation.
Don’t Miss: How Often Should I Do Yoga To See Results
Chest Press To Lose Breast Size
The Chest Press is a helpful exercise that helps to reshape size and build of the breast.
How to Do Chest Press for Reducing Breast Size
- Grab two dumbbells with both your hands and lie on your back on a flat bench.
- Ensure your feet are firmly placed on the floor.
- Alternatively, you can place your feet on a raised platform to allow you to maintain a flat spine.
- Pull your shoulders down and back to make firm contact with the bench.
- Ensure your head, shoulders, butt, and feet make contact with the bench and floor throughout this workout.
- Grab each dumbbell with a closed grip. Ensure your palms are facing forward with your thumbs wrapped tight around the handle.
- Bring the dumbbells just below or level with your eyes with your elbows fully extended.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells towards your mid-chest as you inhale.
- Touch the dumbbells to your chest without bouncing and maintaining your neutral wrist position.
- Then gently push the dumbbells upwards with your elbows fully stretched up.
- Continue with the movement until you get exhausted.
Push Ups Exercise For Breast Fat
Push Ups is one of the most famous workout routines that we have today. They are effective exercises to reduce breast size and also tones your breast and body. If done regularly the right way, it can help you reduce breast cup size, deepen your curves, reduce breast fat, and give them an attractive look.
How to Do Push-Ups to Reduce Breast Size
- Begin by lying down on the floor on your stomach.
- Lift your body using your hands.
- Ensure there is a 90-degree angle between your hands and shoulders.
- Your whole body should be in one line while lifting the whole weight up and then down.
- Continue until you become exhausted.
- You can do a set of push-ups every day according to your body strength.
The Wall Press Technique is an easy and very effective exercise.
This workout is also called the Wall Push Up.
It is easier to lower and lift yourself when you use the wall instead of the floor for push-ups.
You also reduce the risks of back pain or falling on the floor.
The Wall Press Techniques is one of the top exercises to reduce breast size. And you also get the added benefit of building muscle strength.
How to Do Wall Push Up
- Stand to face the wall and place your hands on the wall.
- Press your arms and lean slightly towards the wall to put some weight press.
- Return to the starting position with your hands still on the wall.
- Repeat movement until youre exhausted.
Read Also: How To Lose Weight With Yoga At Home
Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Back Fat
Back fat is hard to get rid off compared to stomach fat. You can even tone your arms and legs quickly and easily but back fat makes the process a little more time consuming and difficult. You will have to have some more patience and add some more time towards it, and that will be the perfect way to achieve slimmer back. In this article, we have listed some of the perfect yoga postures which will help you reduce your back fat. If you want to have a permanent solution, you should choose yoga for toning your body. It maintains you and adds more benefits than just slimming you down.
Reduce Belly Fat With These Yoga Poses
Sedentary work, lack of exercise, unhealthy food habits and stress contribute to a wider waist, flabby tummy and higher level of health problems. Its hard to get rid of the stubborn belly fat. Sometimes, even after maintaining a healthy lifestyle and working out daily, the belly fat refuses to budge. You need to switch to healthy food without any junks and practice yoga along with your exercises to reduce the tummy fat and get a flat belly. Yoga will help you to reduce the belly fat and take control of your body. It will also boost your metabolism and help you maintain that sexy midsection. Yoga will help relieve stress and enhance flexibility. It will engage you abdomen muscles more efficiently than any other core exercises. Read on to know the most effective yoga poses/asanas to sculpt your abs. Also Read – Face Yoga: Make Your Face Look Sharper By Trying These Facial Exercises Using Spoons | Watch Video
Read Also: How To Hang Yoga Trapeze In Apartment
What Is Bridge Pose Good For
Setu Bandha sarvangasana bridge pose opens the front body and strengthens the core and glutes. It is a good exercise to open the hips as it develops muscle definition and flexibility in the hips. It also strengthens the leg muscles and you pull your inner thighs toward one another while keeping both feet flat on the ground. It is one of many heart-opening yoga poses and is a good precursor for backbends.
Exercises To Tone The Lower Back
Exercises that can help tone the lower back include:
Reverse hip raises
An exercise ball is helpful for this exercise, which targets the obliques and extensors. Alternatively, people can use a flat bench.
This exercise helps tone the lower back, internal and external obliques, and rectus abdominis.
Read Also: How To Create Your Own Yoga Routine
Adho Mukha Vrksasana Or Handstand:
The regular practice of Adho Mukha Vrksasana helps to strengthen the arms, shoulders, and wrists. By reducing stress, the brain relaxes. Helps in improving the balance of the body and brings stability. Stomach helps in the stretch. This is one of the best yoga for arms fat reduction.
Steps To Do The Adho Mukha Vrksasana Or Handstand:
- Place your hands on the ground a few inches away from the wall to make a face-to-face fixation
- Keep the wrist straight under your shoulder
- Then fold one knee on your other leg
- When you feel comfortable in this situation, straighten the legs
- Then slowly lift the other leg up and keep it till you feel comfortable in such a pose
- Make sure your head is in the middle of the upper side
- Stay in the posture for a minute or two and take a deep breath
- Slowly bring your feet down one by one
- Repeat this asana 8 to 10 times
This posture can be difficult for anyone at the beginning, but once you get used to this posture, it becomes easy.
Ardha Chakrasana Or The Half Moon Pose:
One of the most important exercises for reducing breast size.
- To do the exercise, Place your left hand on the hip making triangular position.
- Now bent to the right side on one leg while slowly lifting the left leg upward.
- Raise the left hand in the equal alignment of the left leg and bent on the right size till you touch the floor from your right hand.
- Try to stay for 4-5 seconds.
- Then return to the starting position and do the same on the opposite side.
Don’t Miss: Does Hot Yoga Burn A Lot Of Calories
Exercises To Tone The Upper Back
Exercises to help tone and strengthen the upper back include:
Lateral raises with dumbbells
Lateral raises can improve definition in the shoulders and back.
Using a rowing machine can help strengthen and tone the upper back.
Alternatively, someone can use a barbell or dumbbells to do bent-over rows.
As well as making dietary changes and getting regular exercise, people may find that other lifestyle measures help them reduce body fat.
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
Target Lats, teres muscles, trapezius, rhomboids, infraspinatus, serratus muscles, shoulders, and biceps.
How To Do Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
Sets And Reps 3 sets of 10 reps
Tip Do not release the rod too quickly. Control the motion to work the back muscles properly.
Recommended Reading: How Many Calories Burned During Bikram Yoga
The Best Weight Loss Yoga Workout For Men
What workout gets you in better shapeyoga or lifting? Your gut reaction would probably be to say lifting. But a surprising University of Texas study found both lifters and yogis who each completed three one-hour workouts per week lost about 4% body fat and were equally fit overall.
But, of course, not all yoga is created equal. Some types are more relaxing, while other versions get your rate up and make you sweat as much as you might on the treadmill. So, to incorporate more of the latter into your workout regimen , we asked Kathryn Budig, yoga teacher, author, and Under Armour spokesperson to come up with the ultimate fat-burning routine, specifically for me. She put together a sequence that will elevate your heart rate, build core strength, and burn major calories.
Its meant to be challenging while still being accessible and ideally entertaining for guys, Budig says. The key to losing weight is finding a workout that youre excited to participate in, afterall.
This yoga routine can safely be done every day, but a great start would be 3-4 times per week, Budig recommends. She also recommends warming up for the sequence with 2-5 sun salutations.